CTY Greece Summer Residential Program for students living outside Greece and Cyprus
Students residing outside Greece and Cyprus (aged 13-17, up to grade 11) who wish to participate in the CTY Greece Summer Program in Thessaloniki are required firstly to have successfully passed the CTY exams developed by the Johns Hopkins University Center for Talented Youth. Two different types of tests are offered: the School and College Ability Test (SCAT) which measures verbal and quantitative ability and the Spatial Test Battery (STB) which measures spatial reasoning ability. Student can choose to take either one or both tests.
- The SCAT test includes verbal and mathematical multiple choice questions leveled according to the students’ age and measures verbal and quantitative reasoning ability. It allows for enrollment in both humanities and science courses.
- The STB test refers to students with developed special reasoning and allows for enrollment only in the science courses.
- No special preparation is needed for participating in the CTY exams. Please see the sample tests on http://cty.jhu.edu/talent/testing/about/
- Locate a test center: https://www.prometric.com/en-us/clients/jhucty/Pages/landing.aspx
- For those students wishing to be tested, registration is available through the Johns Hopkins University CTY website on http://cty.jhu.edu/talent/about/international.html
Upon registration in the exams please inform us accordingly using the form provided as a downloadable PDF below.
Students are obliged to send their grades from these tests via e-mail to the CTY Greece office (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to reserve a place in our Summer Program by April 20, 2016. Late applications will be accepted upon availability.